Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Transitions

How fortuitous that on the same day I have my exit interview for my year of AmeriCorps service, I have a staff meeting with my other job, Prime Stage Theatre, that blows my mind with all the exciting things that are to come for the company. 

I'm in a point of transition at a very unlikely time for transitions.  I closely follow and observe the changing of the seasons, so now--in the dead middle of summer--is not when I would normally have expected such a transition to be made.  But I'll take it.

Last year at this time, I remember being much more worried about the future than I am now.  I worried so much about not being able to do the freelance teaching artists thing that I snatched up the opportunity with AmeriCorps as a saving grace.  But then I worried what AmeriCorps would be like, and then, when I was offered the gig with Prime Stage, how in the world I would manage to do 1 1/2 full time jobs. I was worried about what everyone worries about--money.

Now, the future is looking bright.  Even though the freelance side of things makes me nervous, I realize more than anything what a gift it is and will be for me to be doing what I love to do--theatre--with people I love to work with--kids. And I can't put a price tag on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment