Sunday, August 8, 2010

Attack of the Zucchini, Part 4

Oh, it feels so good to be back blogging! I took a few days off, or rather my days took off to the point where I had no free time, but the joys of a relaxing Sunday at home in my p.j.'s--ah!!  So I'll now be taking this time posting yet again, and perhaps even later again today if something pops up.

The Zucchini are still coming in droves.  I froze some more grated zucchini on Friday, but saved part of it for some delicious stuff Zucchini pancakes:


We found the base recipe on Food Network for a Goat Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Pancakes with Tomato Sauce.  We didn't have goat cheese, so we substituted Feta instead.  And the Tomato Sauce looked a little to time intensive for our tastes, so instead, we served them on thick slices of an heirloom tomato from our garden, the Pineapple Tomato.  Sprinkled with Parmesan, it was delicious.   The only thing that I would do differently next time is make the pancakes as thin as I could in order to get them to cook all the way through--not that they were not done, but I would have liked them a bit more done if that makes any sense.

Also, I want to say a special and huge "CONGRATULATIONS!" to my dear friend Emily (or Awillix on the blog) who just had a beautiful baby girl, Lily.  While you likely won't be on the blog for a while now that you've got your hands full, know that I'm thinking of you and wishing I could send you some of the zucchini :-)

1 comment:

  1. Actually I've been reading a ton of blogs lately. What else do I have todo at 3 in the morning while feeding the baby.
    Also I think its high time for a zucchini bread/cake recipe. Maybe a cupcake with a cream cheese icing? Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete