Thursday, May 19, 2011

3/4, 75%, .75, almost an entire cookie...

30 weeks. Out of 40. This baby is going to be here before we know it!


News from pregnancy land...
1. Growth is right on target--yeah!
2. She's moving like mad. Rolling, jabbing, kicking, poking, hiccuping--she's doing it all. Although I hope to be able to feel her hiccup more. The only time I felt her was at this last midwife appointment. She had the hiccups, and it must have been the way I was laying or because I could also hear the hiccups, but I felt them very low in my back, very faintly. It was great!
3. I'm still walking nearly every day and taking ballet class. We'll see how long I can keep it up before I can't breathe anymore. It's getting harder by the day, especially when I'm sitting down. Today I had to forcibly put my hand on my belly to keep her from kicking up into my diaphragm. That punk!
4. Name is picked! But you'll have to wait until she arrives to find out!
5. We toured UPMC Mercy this last weekend, which is where we'll give birth if complications arise, I deliver early or later, or she's breech. It was certainly ok, but it reinforced my decision even more to give birth with the midwives when the first words out of their mouths were "if you get here and you're in labor, go to the emergency room" (seriously? If you've just started? Or even if you're dilated 5 cm? The chances of spontaneously delivering at that point are very slim, and isn't it good to be walking to let gravity do its job? I'll walk from the parking garage, thank you very much) and "our routine is to start everyone on an IV and fetal monitoring. No food or drink, just ice chips." I'm sorry, but anyone who has seen me hungry knows I become a beast. I'll damn well eat if I want to. And if I puke it up during transition? Who cares? It's normal!
6. Childbearing classes this weekend...more to come on that later!
7. I'm apparently carrying low. Where the heck is baby going to go when she "drops" before labor begins? I'm nervous about that.
8. Cravings--any baked pastries, milk, sweets. But really, this is nothing out of the ordinary for me.
9. Things that haven't progressed any: my craft making, work on the nursery, and Jake getting his overview done before the baby arrives. Any reinforcement on this last point will be greatly appreciated :-)

2 comments:

  1. Seeing the pictures of your belly make me so SAD that I won't get to see it in person before the baby's here! :( But I do look forward to meeting her very soon! You look amazing.

    And tell Jake that I'm also working on prelims, and am just a motivating phone call away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, a name! I can't wait to hear it (and I'm sure it's lovely and perfect). Also, kudos for the midwives. I'm planning on a home water birth, myself. Or something similar.

    ReplyDelete