Saturday, May 7, 2011

Third trimester--whoa!

Can you believe it? Cause I can't believe it. 28 weeks--ahhh!!!




And guess what I decided to do? I started taking a ballet class at my work. I thought, "Hey, beginning ballet! I can do that!" Only the last time I took a real ballet class was 10 years ago, I'm now pregnant, not in tremendously good shape, and the class was 90 minutes long. Guess who's gonna be sore tomorrow? I forgot how much you use your calf muscles--which have been killing me anyway--and I was not jumping very high at all (not like I could). But on the positive side of things, I'm going to think of it as preparation for labor--building leg muscles, working through some initial discomfort, and remembering to breath. Hopefully baby enjoyed the movement!

*Update: Since I'm about 3 days late in posting this because of a dead camera battery, just wanted to let you know that my calves kill from ballet class. Still. Two days later. I can hardly walk up stairs. On the upside--because there's always an upside--it's given me a great excuse to sit down as often as possible :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment