Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I love fall...

I love fall because
  • the leaves on the ground have this deliciously sweet-smelling rotting fragrance that Yankee Candle will never be able to match
  • the cloudy days that make the colors on the trees "pop" against the sky are just as great as the days filled with streaming sunlight and cloud shadows that pass over the wooded hillsides
  • thick, sugary apple cider is local, homemade, and fresh
  • candles can be burnt again because they provide that little bit of extra warmth to the room that the crisp air necessitates
  • pumpkin and squash are acceptable main/side/appetizer/soup/dessert dishes 
  • soup becomes hearty with grains and root vegetables and actually fills up my husband
  • the sun on my back is just enough to keep me toasty while sitting on my front porch knitting in mid-afternoon
  • the weight of the blanket(s) at night provides the same comfort as a mother tucking in her child--all warm and cozy
  • my senses are on overload...but in all the best possible ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment