Sunday, October 24, 2010

P.J. Day

Today was another P.J. Day.  Which seems to be happening more frequently lately...I'll chalk it up to the luxury of working from home :-) 

Yet why oh why do I feel so guilty about it?  I was in fact quite productive today.  I made honey bran muffins; finished laundry; made granola; worked all day on my Fletcher and the Falling Leaves story panels (they look pretty cool--pics to follow) that I need for my first storytime on Tuesday; and made a robust traditional Sunday dinner of roast chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, fresh green beans, and homemade European peasant bread.  Yet it doesn't feel like I've done anything because I am still in my P.J.'s.  And I feel like I should have put on real clothes at some point, but my snowflake lounge pants and fuzzy slippers just felt so nice.  If I'm in my own home and clearly not going anywhere, why am I finding it so hard to be at peace with my choice of remaining in my P.J.'s all day?

I need to remember that it's okay.  If, despite my productivity, I remain in my P.J.'s, so be it.  Because if I am still productive but feel more comfortable and relaxed because I'm in my P.J.'s, it's okay.  There are worse options...like wearing a corset, for instance, or sleeping all day.

I'm really just trying to justify myself right now...any other reasons would be greatly appreciated  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment