Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Consignment sales are the BEST!

The title sums it up. Let me say that I've always been one for a bargain. I have fond memories of garage sale-ing with my Grandma Lorraine while we were up north at the Cabin and of scrounging my pennies together for the local garage sales in Lonsdale when I was younger, ready and waiting to find new books and trinkets to take home. I scoured thrift stores as a teenager, looking for cool and hip things.

But now I've found the perfect thing between hunting and searching for the goods amongst a lot of junk and going to a specialty store: consignment sales. Today I went to the Sunflower Sprouts children's consignment sale in the North Hills of Pittsburgh. For anyone not from this area, it's the 'burbs. And the 'burbs = nice things. All they had, subsequently, was nice maternity, baby, and kids things. It was a gold mine. Especially since I went to their "New Moms Presale" which means I got to go in before the general public and snatch up the really good stuff!

So for a little over a hundred dollars, here's my haul:

...a Fischer-Price vibrating bouncer
Here's to hoping Baby Girl doesn't mind blue! The bunny's make it seem pretty gender neutral, though.

...a Boppy playmat with a small boppy pillow for Baby Girl and hook-on toys
Jake doing an excellent impression of Baby.
Isn't it adorable? All the toys are in that plastic bag. So excited!

...a gently used Baby Bjorn carrier (they retail for $80...it's ridiculous...this one was $15!)
Jake modeling the carrier. He's gonna make a wonderful papa!

...9 NB onesies and two pairs of pants
Notice the tags still on the one!

..a ring-sling carrier

...a brand new nursing cover

...Dr. Sear's The Breastfeeding Book

...a bottle drying rack

...2 swaddle-wraps (they are oh so soft and come highly recommended by my friend Ellen!) 

...Some maternity clothes, including another pairs of jeans, a cute green skirt, a black-and-white polka dot sundress, and some lounging shorts.

Am I hooked? Absolutely! I'm signed up for another 2 in the next month :-)

And because I missed last week, here's a pic of the bump for week 22--a day early!

No comments:

Post a Comment