Monday, March 28, 2011

Planning Ahead

I'm beginning to understand the virtue of planning ahead.

Yesterday was an incredibly productive day for me. I got up and made 2 large loaves of pumpkin bread, one loaf of wheat bread, and bread dough. I did 5 loads of laundry. Then I proceeded to spring clean from top to bottom both the bedroom and the bathroom (with the help of my dear husband). As much as I dread spring cleaning--even with my "nesting" instinct kicking in--it feels nice to have 2 of 8 rooms completed. 1/4 of the way there!! I And then I went grocery shopping while he prepared dinner, only to come back and prepare two more dinners for the week.

And the benefits of all this planning ahead are already paying off. I was able to come home today and pop the hot dish I had prepped right into the oven, take Beau for a nice long walk, and return with enough time to do the yoga video I had lazily skipped this morning. Then I prepped some of the bread dough for cinnamon rolls...


which, by the way, smell amazing right now (and okay, I might have had one right out of the oven, smothered in butter--oh so yummy!).

I packed my lunch for tomorrow since it always takes up so much precious time in the morning when I'm constantly rushing out the door. I know I'll be breathing easier tomorrow morning :-)

And what's waiting for dinner tomorrow night? Enchilada filling that I made on Sunday night, all ready to go. Just fill and roll tortillas, top with sauce and cheese, and away we go.


I know in the end that it probably takes just the same amount of time as doing it the day of, but it's nice not to have to think too much about dinner when I come home. I'm really hoping this strategy pays off once the baby arrives, too--because we all know how crazy life's gonna get then.

On a completely and unrelated side note, our dog has decided that he's from the hood. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment