Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Halfway Mark

20 weeks--

The Halfway Mark--

Beau really wanted his picture taken, too. Can't ya tell?

Celebrated with a 1/2 pint of Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Ice Cream. And only a 1/2 pint because I devoured the first half a few nights earlier.

Where has the time gone? How much can I possibly get done in the next 20 weeks before Baby Melbs arrives?

So The Halfway Mark kicked me into gear this weekend. I embarked upon my first baby-related sewing adventure: a breastfeeding pillow. I forgot to capture photos of the patterning, cutting, and sewing, but here's me stuffing it...


And the (nearly) finished pillow (I need more stuffing...it took two bags of polyfill and I'm still not done!)


As Jake said, it looks a bit lumpy in places, but hey--it works for me :-) The pattern is from a wonderfully awesome book I borrowed from the library, Simple Sewing for Baby: 24 Easy Projects for Newborns to Toddlers by Lotta Jansdotter. Check it out--it's genius! I plan on making many many more things from this book in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment