Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Oh, Personality!

This morning we had to have a repeat ultrasound because the first time around they couldn't get a good look at the heart. And it was amazing because this time it became even clearer how much our daughter was like me already. I was poked and prodded, turned this way and that, for an hour to try and get a good look at the heart. I walked. I took deep breaths. And still Baby Girl was comfortable sitting breech and slightly turned enough to make the technician's job a pain in the neck. The technician started to call her names, which was fine by me because she was not budging an inch. In other words, she's inherited my stubborn tenacity.

On the one hand the thought of her being stubborn horrifies me. Can you imagine if she's like this in the womb what she's gonna be like in 15 years??? But on the other hand, if her stubborn tenacity means that she never gives up from pursuing what she wants, well...that's not such a bad thing at all. Then I guess my job will be to guide her in the direction of good things to pursue (you know, advocating for social justice and environment and the likes, as opposed to fulfilling some dark fantasy of being a paid assassin or something equally as unethical and immoral).

For the first time I'm actually beginning to wonder what her personality will be like. I wonder what traits she will have inherited from me, what traits she'll have gotten from Jake (please say it's his ingenuity and patience, two things I greatly lack!). And I'm getting really really really excited to find out and meet this little girl!

For right now, though, I'm content with seeing her newest picture...thumb in mouth, sittin' back, chillaxin' to the max. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment